This tour will allow you not only to know Viñales and its beauty, but also an almost unknown place: San Juan y Martínez, the best place of the world for the tobacco, a unique combination of weather, soil and knowhow from more than 300 years of experience of the farmers. You will learn the secret processes of the tobacco leaves, the cultivation, drying process, fermentation, aging and rolling, all you want to know. We will provide the guide service and a nice lodgment, you have nothing to worry about.
In the program is included:
- Visit to the cigar factory “Francisco Donatien”: where the most famous cigars are rolled, among these the cigars Veguero and Trinidad, rolled exclusively in this factory.
- Visit to the despalillo, where the tobacco leaves are sorted, fermented, aged and packed.
- Visit to the Humidors Workshop, a unique chance to see how are made the famous humidors that guaranty the conservation of the aroma and the humidity of the famous cigars.
- Visit to the farm Quemado de Rubí: this farm belongs to Héctor Luis Prieto, the youngest Hombre Habano in the world, reward earn by only few farmers that work their whole life in the tobacco plantations with an exceptional quality of their tobacco leaves.
- Cigar tasting made in this farm.
- Lunch at the farm with a drink included.
- Visit to the Lookout Los Jazmines, the most famous view of the Viñales Valley.
- Check in at the Casa Particular
- Free night with dinner on your own.
- Hiking tour “Stunning Vistas” with 7 kms long with spectacular views, visit to tobacco farms, natural lookouts and much more.
- Cultural exchange with the local farmers
- Free afternoon and night to relax and to let you discover the town by yourselves, dinner on your own.
*When the cigar factory is closed, you will receive another extra activity, like weekend for example.